- Create a schedule. This will help keep the child(ren) and you to a consistent routine. Trick— stimulate a similar schedule as if the children were actually in school. Of course, being flexible to account for the different environments.
- Set up homework and learning-friendly area. Having a designated space for learning helps everyone to be more focused.
- Understand this will not be easy overnight. Work slowly and you will learn what learning strategies work and which ones are not as effective.
- Create a group chats with other parents from the children’s school. This will ensure you have to support and guidance from the school community and other parents in a similar situation when you need it.
- Most importantly KEEP CALM. No one expects you to know all the answers, it is important to give yourself a break and that it is normal to feel overwhelmed.
If you need any help with family law matters, contact AP Family Law Lawyers in Pickering, Toronto, Markham, and Scarborough. You can call us at (905) 492-7662 or email us at [email protected] to schedule a consultation.