- Award winning Law Firm
- Diverse team
- Passionate and driven
- Extended office hours
- Continuous innovation to improve client experience
- Top ratings on Google and lawyerratingz.com
At AP Lawyers, our mission is to help make peoples’ family lives better! It really is that simple.
Sometimes it could be drafting a Cohabitation Agreement for that couple in love who are so excited to be moving in together. At other times, parties are getting married and are unafraid of having that difficult conversation about money. We help them see how a marriage contract can help them determine on their terms how their property should be divided if unfortunately, there is a breakdown in the relationship. Our clients feel empowered that they are defining their terms but most importantly, that they can trust each other and not have to worry. They can simply enjoy their married life.
At other times, better family life means separating and/or getting a divorce for any number of reasons. We help our clients negotiate a favorable settlement. If litigation is necessary, AP Lawyers team of diverse lawyers are zealous advocates. We make the law work for our clients. We are relentless in pursuit of our clients’ objectives while also ensuring our clients understand the pros and cons of their positions.Read More
From your initial consultation with us, you get an idea of all the steps involved in a court process, should your matter go that route.
Where appropriate, we encourage alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation or Arbitration. Angela Princewill, the founding lawyer, is a mediator and a member of the Family Dispute Resolution Institute of Ontario.
Making our clients family lives better often involves assisting them with selling their homes and buying a new one so they can move into the next, better phase of their lives.
Uniting families in Canada through immigration processes ties in with our mission and at times, a better family life may mean helping a family immigrate to Canada, successfully getting a client a work permit or stopping the removal of a client from Canada.
We are very passionate about our mission of making peoples’ family lives better and are thrilled by the awards we receive. For us, it means validation from our clients that we are truly making a difference, one case at a time. We are recipients of the Top Choice Awards for four years in a row as the Top Family Law Firm in the Durham Region.
Angela Princewill is the Top-Rated Family Lawyer in Pickering according to Three Best Rated. AP Lawyers is also ranked as a leading Immigration Law Advisor by the International Advisory Experts.
To support our mission, we have a set of core values whichis aimed at providingclient focused legal solutions. This is not just a fancy catch phrase and we have gone to great lengths to define what it means to us as a Firm. Here is what it means to us to be #1 in client care:
- Compassion: We are a compassionate team, recognizing that our clients don’t always come to us at the highest points in their lives.
- Convenience: We leverage technology to provide our services conveniently to our clients. We have also extended our office hours to further accommodate our clients. In some cases, we have had to go meet the clients. At all times, we try to be flexible and accommodating.
- Speed: With a team behind our clients they can trust that their work will be completed quickly and accurately. We understand that delays can be detrimental to our clients so we are always on the ball.
- Respect: Everyone deserves respect. Plain and simple.
- Relentless in working to achieve our client’s objectives.
- Honesty: We are always honest in managing our client’s expectations.
- Money: We are responsible with our client’s resources and are always fair and transparent in our billing practices.
- Innovation: We are constantly innovating. Thinking of faster and better ways to meet our client’s legal needs, while keeping costs lower for the client.
In short, at AP Lawyers we believe we are redefining the practice of law.
About us summary
– Family Law
– Immigration Law
– Real Estate Law
Each practice area has dedicated lawyers and support staff who specialize in each area.
We have a laid-back work environment, with zero tolerance for office drama.
We take our client’s matters very seriously, but we do not take ourselves too seriously. We like to keep it light. Whether its weekly breakfast during continuing legal education sessions or a comedy night out, we are one happy family.
We know that if we have synergy as a team, we can better help our clients.
If we work together, we can help our clients even when a team member is unavailable. We can all pitch in to meet impossible deadlines and who wins all the time? Our clients.
We have the friendliest team here. We appreciate the importance of that friendly smile to put a client at ease and for us, it makes work a little more fun.
Areas we serve
- Richmond Hill
- Kawartha Lakes
- Port Hope
- Port Perry