- Award winning Law Firm
- Continuous innovation to improve client experience
- Top ratings on Google and lawyerratingz.com
- Transparent Billing
- Think outside of the box
At AP Lawyers, our key goal is to help make your life better. We keep our goal simple so that we do not lose focus on what really matters – YOU!
We get excited at the opportunity to use our knowledge and experience to help others. It could be assisting a couple in love who are ready to take the next step in their relationship and they need a Cohabitation Agreement drafted. Or the couples who are planning to get married but are nervous to have the tough conversation about money and or property for their Marriage Contract. We are enthusiastic advocates for parties to start their relationships on the same page financially.
For the relationships and marriages that have ended and now one of the individuals needs a strong lawyer in their corner to manage the separation process, AP Lawyers got you covered. Of course, our tender hearts are also open to those parents who are determining a parenting arrangement for their children.Read More
At the end of the day, we know that none of this is easy. We help you evaluate your rights in any situation and inform you about the laws surrounding your circumstances. We want you to feel empowered and not intimidated by the legal process. We are here to help you and there are many ways we are skilled in to navigate through the system to ensure that your needs are met in an effective and cost-effective manner.
Bottom line, we are relentless in pursuit of our clients’ aims while also ensuring our clients are informed about the strengths and weaknesses of their position.
Right from the beginning we schedule an initial consultation with you so that you get an informed idea about all the steps involved in your process whether it be a negotiation, mediation, collaborative family law, arbitration, drafting a domestic contract, drafting a parenting plan, property issue resolution, etc.
Our key strength is encouraging you to consider alternative dispute resolution processes like mediation, arbitration or collaborative family law so that your matter is addressed without delay and in a cost-effective way. We assess each of our client’s and their matter on a case-by-case basis to determine if any form of alternative dispute resolution methods is appropriate. This means that you are getting the individualized attention that you deserve. Regardless of the process you choose, you can count on us to make sure YOUR interests are protected.
Not only that, but you are getting a team behind you. We have several lawyers and support staff who can accommodate your matter. Angela Princewill, the founding lawyer, is a collaborative lawyer, mediator and experienced trial lawyer. Her objective has always been to ensure our office treats you like family and that you are well informed about your position and options.
We are overjoyed by the reviews and awards that we receive. They are the validation that motivate us. We are recipients of the Top Choice Awards for six years in a row as the Top Family Law Firm in the Durham Region. Angela Princewill is the Top-Rated Family Lawyer in the Pickering according to the Three Best Rated, she is also a recipient of the Best Lawyer Award for 2022.
TTo support our objectives, we have narrowed down our core values which are aimed at providing you with an individualized focused solution and strategy. We pride ourselves at being #1 in client care and we owe it to the following core values:
- Compassion: We understand that not all of our clients come to us at the highest points of their life. We strive to respect this period and offer you the compassion that you deserve.
- Convenience: We try to be as flexible and accommodating as we can for all clients. This means leveraging the use of technology so that we can be efficient, more organized, fast and efficient. In certain cases, we can go to meet you or make out of office hours arrangements to better suit your schedule.
- Speed: We strive for quick services as we understand that delays are not only frustrating but can be detrimental for some of our client’s positions.
- Respect: Do we need to elaborate on this one? Everyone deserves respect. Simple.
- Relentless: We are unapologetic in pursuing our client’s objectives. Our duty is to our clients and ensuring they are heard.
- Honesty: We take the time to express our opinions and advice to you about your legal position. Managing our client’s expectations is important in any matter and it starts with being honest.
- Money: Transparent accounting and responsibility with your trust funds is paramount for us.
- Innovation: This never stops for us! We are always on the hunt for more efficient ways to serve you while also keeping our costs low and manageable for our clients.
To summarize, we are redefining the practice of law one day at a time, one client at a time!
About us summary
We aim for a welcoming environment that isn’t going to stress you out. For us, it’s not just about suits and books all the time. We want you to feel right at home with our open concept and colourful space. Our staff are trained to ensure each of them can be as helpful as possible, not only to our lawyers but to you as well. We take your matter very seriously from the minute you walk through our doors. However, along the way we do not take ourselves too seriously. We do so intentionally to keep things light so that we do not get over stressed and we can focus our energy and attention appropriately representing you. We do so by having regular team building breakfasts, Friday lunches and games, continuing legal education sessions, comedy nights out, karaoke parties and just team fun all around. The better we work together, the better we can work for you.